Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter!

We had two days of Easter festivities, starting with the day we got home from the cabin (Saturday) at the Palmers. The kids did a little Easter egg hunt in the front yard and traded in their eggs for a bag full of goodies from Grandma & Grandpa. We had grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner and then just relaxed and chatted with the fam.
On Easter morning, the kids woke up egg-cited ;) to see what the Easter Bunny had left them!! It's a tradition in our house that the Bunny leaves a trail of plastic eggs leading to the kids' baskets. Everyone loved their treats!
The loot
Gavin has a little pre-breakfast snack!
I tried to get a couple pictures of the kids in their Easter attire before church, but that didn't really work so well, especially since we were running late already! So I decided to take advantage of the beautiful church lawn and snap some shots after church. The result was MUCH better! Oh, and it was a *cool* 94 degrees as we were driving home from church and my boys were sweltering in their long sleeve shirts and sweater vests!We had Easter dinner with my family at my sister's house. Of course, I had too much to eat, but oooooohhhhhh, who doesn't love great food?! Yummy!! The kids participated in another little egg hunt to finish off the evening.

I promised Matt I post a picture with me in it, so here you are! Not the most flattering angle, but it'll have to do!
Of course Easter wouldn't be complete without a tribute to our Savior, Jesus Christ, and the price he paid for us so that we ALL can be resurrected and return to live with our Father in Heaven again someday. No greater gift!!

7 comments:

... said...

Those pictures of your kids are so freaking cute! I can not believe it is already 94 degrees down there! Wow!

Jamie said...

Looks like a fun Easter! We have always gone camping on Easter, so those pictures made me a little home sick! I love your kid's Easter outfits! You always have them dressed so cute! I'm sure you are enjoying being close to family so you can spend holiday's with them!

Lindsay Skinner said...

The kids Easter clothes are so cute! I love Brooklyn's dress!

Herb Hamilton :0) said...

Who took that HENIOUS picture anyway? Looks ust like ya Matt!

Herb Hamilton :0) said...

Hey Matt who's the BABE?

Dashley said...

Hi Lindsay! I just wanted to tell you that your children are precious! I love Easter and can't wait til Marshall is old enough to really appreciate it. Fun pictures!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

That picture of Brooklyn looking up at the camera in her Easter dress is simply precious! You really need to take your photography skills on the road, Missy Figuratively, of course).