Sunday, March 2, 2008

PLAY BALL!!!

Brooklyn and Blake had their first t-ball game yesterday! They've had 5 practices in the last two weeks and at the very first one, I was sure that my two were the only ones that weren't already practically pros!!! But I'm really proud at how far both of them have come and how hard they've worked so far!

Watching the kids is just so funny! Some run to the pitcher, some take three of four tries before they actually HIT the ball off the tee, some sit on the ground or pick grass in the outfield! Good thing no one is keeping score! Haha!

B&B's coach is just fabulous with all these little kids that are still learning! Brooklyn is just one of two girls on the team and she is definitely the princess!! The coaches dote over her; she lets them put her helmet on and take it off, always asks which direction to throw the ball before she throws it and gets plenty of high fives.

Of course, I was the crazy first-time baseball mom taking one thousand pictures yesterday, but I didn't care!!!! This is definitely a huge milestone for them and ME! I can't believe I have kids old enough to play baseball!

Apparently, Brooklyn used up all her pretty smiles for team pictures!! She wasn't mad, I promise. ;) I'm lucky I even got Blake to look in my direction, so this is as good as it gets!
Gavin has had an especially hard time understanding why HE can't be out there playing baseball with Brooklyn and Blake. He's always saying, "I wanna go out there!" while B&B are practicing. We've just made sure to bring along his soft glove and little baseball so we can have our own little "practice" on the side. Here is Gav, cheering on his big bro & sis at the game yesterday!
My Sports Stars!!!


So you can see for yourself, here are videos of each of them up to bat!


3 comments:

Trenda said...

How fun! I don't know if Cade will ever be interested in sports! I hope so! I plan on getting him a tee when it warms up around here. Maybe if we play with him alot this summer he will be ready next year . . . we'll see!

Aubrey said...

Oh this is classic! I'm sure it's a hoot watching these kids play! You have very cute kids, and looks like they'll be quite the athletes too! :)

Carrie Anne said...

So darling! They are so old! I can't believe it! WOW! Darling pictures, and it's okay that you took so many...it's worth it! PS on the Easter candy and GS cookies...I'm so with you! I have an Easter stash, too, and I dread getting weighed at my regular dr's appts! Easter season is NOT helping!:)