Monday, March 24, 2008

A trip to the cabin

Wednesday, the kids and I headed up north to the LeBaron cabin in Strawberry. I was definitely looking forward to the change of pace and scenery! Different people were there during the four days: G&G LeBaron, Mom Palmer, Jen and her kids, Derek & Kristin and their kids, and then Derek had to go back down to the valley on Friday, taking Matt's mom back and bringing Matt back with him! :)

I love that the kids can run uninhibited and explore the outdoors to their hearts' delight while we're there. Brooklyn and Emily were joined at the hip practically the entire time! I'm so glad those girlies are so close in age (~6 weeks apart)! It's probably obvious what my boys spent a large majority of time doing, living up to Daddy's former "dirt magnet" nickname! Just look at those faces!! Blake's dirt unibrow cracks me up and this picture doesn't even do justice to how dirty Gavin was!!!!











Here is the evidence of how Gavin got so dirty, the little rascal! He was throwing dirt up in the air with a shovel and it was landing on him!!While the boys were getting filthy, Aunt Kristin gave the girls little manicures and pedicures since she doesn't have any girls of her own (YET!). Brooklyn absolutely loves being pampered!!
There was a bit of snow/ice on the ground in the shady areas near the cabin and I really don't think my kids have ever seen snow before! We had a couple of slippity-sliding accidents but everyone survived. Gavin was intrigued by this cold, wet stuff!A few more random pictures I snapped-

Brooklyn snuggling with Great Grandpa LeBaron, I think they might have been watching a March Madness basketball game. Grandpa is so great with the kids! Playing games with them, drawing pictures and even finishing a leftover sucker! ;)
Brooklyn, Josh and Emi playing in the dirt track in front of the cabinMore with fun Aunt Kristin, taking Andrew and Brooklyn for a quad ride. Brooklyn definitely has the "need for speed" on these things, always telling her driver, "Go faster!!"Palmer cousins, L to R (oldest to youngest) - Josh, Emily, Brooklyn, Blake, Andrew, Gavin & Spencer (not pictured, baby Adam - 2 months old)We all had a great time up at the cabin and can't wait to do it again soon! I finally hit my exhaustion wall last night and feel like I need another 24 hours straight of sleep to recharge my batteries!

3 comments:

mad white woman said...

looks like fun! every time i hear about a cabin trip i think maybe instead of buying a bigger house, we should just get a cabin! it'd be so nice to have somewhere to escape to every now and then.

Weston & Jennie said...

After we talked I had to come check right away. It kind of made me sad. We miss you guys! You were right I did LOL at a couple of the pictures. I almost didn't recognize Gavin he was so dirty. What a cute boy! Can't wait to see you.

Trenda said...

I was expecting easter pics, but this looks like fun too!