Thursday, September 18, 2008

My CASTLE!!!

Back in this blog entry, a little over a year ago, I was wallowing in sorrow that the house we were building at the time would not be ours due to loan issues. Right then and there, after all the stress I had endured (girls get all sorts of emotions tied to these things), I had Matt PROMISE me that when we did get a house, that it would be a castle.

Well folks, without further ado, MY CASTLE!!!!!

Yes, this beauty will be OURS in just SEVEN days!!!!!!! I can't tell you how ECSTATIC I am to finally, FINALLY have our OWN HOME!!!! It's a brand new spec home, already completed, in a new neighborhood that is closing out sales, just sitting and was waiting for us to find it. Consequently, we were able to get it for a STEAL!! It is not ideally where I would have liked to end up but my desire for a perfect house, a house that I could LOVE, a house that we could stay in for 10 years, trumped that. I can't wait to get in and make it MY own!!!

Here's the floor plan -
  • 3666 sq ft
  • 4 huge bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms
  • den downstairs AND a loft upstairs
  • walk-in-closets in all the bedrooms
  • a sweet corner pantry in the kitchen
  • RV gate with great size {dirt} backyard

















What's not to love??!??!? Thanks babe...... you're my king and I'm your queen! xoxoxo

21 comments:

Jenna said...

Wow!!!!!! Congrats!!! It's a beauty!

Heather said...

That's awesome!! Congratulations!! It's great!

mad white woman said...

Hooray for you!! I'm so glad that things worked out much better than it would had you got the other house. Where is it? I can't wait to see it... yes, I certainly am inviting myself over. :)

Lindsay said...

Anna, it's in Queen Creek, of course! Ironwood, north of Ocotillo. We'll be having a party when we get all settled, don't you worry!

Lindsay Skinner said...

Congrats! That's so exciting!

Beka said...

Wahoo!! It looks great, where is it at? You need to have a party and invite us over to your castle:)

Carrie Anne said...

yeah!!!!!!!!! congratulations! can't wait to see you decorate it!!!

Weston said...

I am SOOOO excited for you!!!! Can't wait to see the pictures of the inside. :)

Weston & Jennie said...

I am sure you figured it out, but the previous comment was from me. :)

Maren said...

so fun! are you on SB and Warn? my friend has your same house and that is where she just moved to. hers was also a spec. we definately need to get together....you are close! congrats again and funny how things arent supposed to happen for a reason huh? its hard to see at the time but arent you so glad now? i bet you got a way better deal on this house than the last one.

Maren said...

ok, i just read your comment to anna. dude, we are like neighbors!! lets get together and play! are you in taylor ranch? or ironwood crossing?

Marissa said...

Congrats...The floorplan looks great!

Pam said...

Congrads! The house is beautiful!
I feel so bad - I haven't emailed you that chicken salad recipe...here it is in a nutshell...the problem is I am not sure exactly what the measurements are...it just needs to turn out the consitancy of chicken salad :)

cooked cubed chicken
red grapes - sliced in half
Green apple diced
fresh chives chopped
plain (not vanilla) yogurt
salt and pepper to taste
fresh tarragon chopped
chopped celery

anyways - good luck moving and have fun decorating!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Queen Linsday! Can't wait to see it and I'm glad that you won't be too far, different ward, but still close enough to party with!

The Lindsey's said...

Yeah for you guys!!! That's really great! I'm so jealous. Can't wait to see pics when you make it really yours.

Jessica said...

How exciting. Be sure to post pics once you get settled.

Christensen's said...

YEAH!! Its so pretty!! Congrats!!!

Brandi said...

Congratulations! How exciting1 Just curious on the details like when you get to move in and all that fun! Hope it's going smoothly for you guys!

Courtney said...

Congrats!!!! Wow, it looks amazing and spacious! A well-deserved treat for you after living in dumpy, old, small, EXPENSIVE Cali housing for years :)

Trenda said...

See . . . there is light at the end of the tunnel! Congrats . . . that's awesome that you found such a great deal! I want to visit! :)

skinners said...

congrats lindsay! (i know i am way behind) i know the feeling of dreaming for a house one day. this one is beautiful. let us know when you are all settled, it would be fun to come see it!