Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Brooklyn's reaction to the baby news

I can't believe I forgot to include this in the previous post!! Matt reminded me.

So, I had made these cute shirts for the kids to announce to our families that we were having a boy. On the way to dinner, I thought we ought to at least tell the kids that they were getting another brother. The conversation proceeded like this:

Matt: We found out if you guys are going to have a brother or a sister!
Brooklyn: WHAT IS IT?????
Matt: Well, we're going to have another brother!
Brooklyn: (instantly starts bawling) But IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII wanted a siiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssster!!!!!
Me: I know honey (trying to fight back my own tears), I wanted a sister too, but Heavenly Father decided that we needed another brother.
Brooklyn: Boooooohoooooooohooooooooooooooo!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Brooklyn proceeds to cry uncontrollably for TWENTY MINUTES!!!!! LOL! Poor thing! We tried consoling her, telling her that she will be our little princess, getting to do special girl things with mommy (like going to see Wicked in July - yay!), have her very own girl room, nothing is working. Then Matt starts talking about how we can get a girl dog and Brooklyn can name her. Gee, thanks honey!! *rolleyes*

We finally got her all settled down before we got to Matt's parents, but she was still pretty ticked off that she wasn't getting a sister. By the end of dinner, she was over it, giving my belly kisses, and told me she loves her new baby brother in mommy's tummy. :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Ha that's funny. I love that Matt told her he'd get her a dog. That's definately something Brad would say.

Becky Mutter said...

That is SO funny! That new baby brother could bring her a new doll - that's a girl - baby gift to sissy. We did that with one of our new ones (I think it was #3.) The kids thought that new baby was pretty awesome to give them gifts! :)