Monday, October 19, 2009

First leg of the journey ~ Cedar City

On the road ::::: We left our house, just before 8am Saturday morning. I was a little worried about how the 9 hour car trip was gonna go with four kids. Amazingly, they did pretty well, as long as they were watching a movie on our portable DVD players!

Almost to Flagstaff, the San Francisco peaks
Sad Prest. He started screaming 30ish miles outside of Flagstaff, poor bub.
Out of carseat + full belly = happy baby :)
Old stomping grounds - NAU - makes me actually miss Flag a *tiny* bit
The absolute MOST boringest drive EVER thru the rez & glimpses Grand Canyon
Glen Canyon Dam ~ Good 'ole Uncle Scott always asks if we visited the dam visitors center, walked on the dam wall, rode the dam elevator, used the dam restrooms or took the dam tour. ;)Self portrait ;)Lake Powell
Welcome to UTAH!! Yay! :)
A huge thank you to my Uncle Scott & Aunt Charla for allowing us to crash with them for a couple days! They were such good hosts and fed us well while we were there. This is their new little Yorkie puppy, Sparky, that loved Preston. A little TOO much for my liking. Blech.
We got a couple chances to visit with my Grandma & Grandpa Adams. This was Preston's first time meeting them!My grandpa makes these interesting creatures out of cow vertebrae. He calls them "boneheads." He says to set it someplace you can see it to remind you not to be a bonehead! Now I got one of my very own. :)
Nature walking around the neighborhood on a beautiful Sunday evening
We took the kids fishing up on the mountain.
This was their first time and it was freeeeeeezing!!
They didn't last very long.But Matt did catch TWO fish!!!!! This was the first one. He had thrown out his line, no joking, 1 minute prior and BINGO! Fish on! Reel it in Daddy!His trophy. What a BEAUT! This thing was good size, although it's hard to tell from the picture.The kids were being whiney-criney so I walked them back to the car.
Then I hear a whistle. I turn around and there's Matt, down the shoreline, holding up another fish!!! He'd just thrown back the first fish, went to put away the poles and got a bite. Good job honey! Must've been your lucky day!
That afternoon, we took the kids to see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. It was cute! My fave parts were when Gav laughed out loud. Makes me giggle when my kids do that. :)
On our way out of town, we headed over to SUU, where my Uncle Scott works, and took a quick little tour of his area. Here we are in a lecture hall. A little flash forward to 12 years from now...In Uncle Scott's office
There is this circular monument thingie with 12 great thinkers, musicians, artists, etc. and the kids all chose their fave to stand by --
Blake with Albert EinsteinGavin with Plato (I'm pretty sure he thought we were saying Play Doh)Brooklyn with Germaine de Stael
I love how she's holding the statue's hand, LOL!
Are we ready? Yes, good. On we go.

1 comment:

skinners said...

cedar..... i love it. and my dad used to tell those same dam jokes. ;)