Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

First of all, I have to state the fact that I am a LAME MOM!!!!

This year~
1. no Halloween decorations up, inside or outside
2. no visit to the pumpkin patch
3. no carving pumpkins

Pfffft! What is WRONG with me??!?

Excuses are as follows:
1. Conference weekend I was busy enjoying my family, then I went into we're-leaving-on-vacay-in-one-week panic mode, so the LAST thing I wanted to do was drag out the box of Halloween decor! Then it got too close to waste my energy decorating to just take it all right back down.
2. I'm beginning to detest driving long distances, just to have a little bit of fun. Tuh.
3. I waited til the laaaaaaast minute and of course, there were no pumpkins to be found. *sigh*

Lets focus on the positive, here. I DID make Halloween-shaped sugar cookies, which the kids thoroughly enjoyed decorating and gobbling up. And I DID buy cutesie Halloween shirts for my kids (which I took no pictures of, what is wrong with me??!). And I DID buy costumes for 3/4 of my kids!!!!

We had a great time Friday night at the ward Trunk-or-Treat, seeing all the cute kids and brave adults in their costumes. :) Halloween night, I took Brooklyn to her dance studio for an hour or so for their Halloween festivities, then we took a quick trip trick-or-treating up and down the street perpendicular to ours. I wanted to get home to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters; my favorite part of Halloween now that we're homeowners!!! We started off with the cutest of all... ;)Brooklyn, our darling angel! She made sure EVERYone knew what she was dressed up as. As if, it's hard to tell.....
I'm jealous of her lashes! She got those from her Daddy!Blake's costume of choice -- WOLVERINE!
We had a *little* costume drama with this boy. First of all, he changed his mind, every day on what he wanted to be. So I just left it up to him to choose something out of our overflowing boy dress-up bin. When it came time to get dressed in Superman (his choice) for the Trunk-or-Treat, a huge tantrum ensued, in which resulted (30 minutes later) in him wearing LAST year's pirate costume over jeans and his glow-in-the-dark skelly shirt. Saturday morning, I prepped him early on for the evening events of dressing up, but we still had plenty of tears come time to dress up again. Somehow, we survived. Although, he immediately stripped down upon returning home.

I'm pretty sure this kid has sensory issues. Everything is either choking him or itchy or pant legs are touching his feet, blah, blah, blah. He mostly lives in his unders all day.
It's a bird, it's a plane, it's......................SU-per Gavin!!!LOVE my cute Presty spider!!Momma witch and her little bugga
This is as close as he comes to tasting sweets ;)Blue IS his favorite color!
I can't believe October is over and Christmas is right around the corner!!

4 comments:

Kasey said...

Glad Kylee wasn't the only one with costume drama. Her dress, that she picked, was totally falling apart. There are many safty pins holding it together, but she insisted. I just was done fighting her! Love your crimped hair for sure. Yeah, Todd's costume UGLY! But, it's what he wanted and my grandmas bought it. Next year soemthing cute for sure! He'll prob want to be a Hippo or Flamingo. What a weirdo!

Janell said...

All the kids looked great! The drama of what they want/don't want to be doesn't end even when they get older! LOL

Trenda said...

Looks like you guys have had a lot going on lately! I am sad that I missed you guys when you were here. It is kind of interesting that we are always here and the week you were here, we weren't. It looks like you guys had fun without us though . . . not sure how that is possible. ;)

Beka said...

sorry! i havent read your blog in a long time b/c its private & i'm lazy! but i LOVE all those pics of your kids in the leaves- good job! They all look so good! you are a great mom, i'm glad you came out yesterday to play for a little bit even though it was a long drive:)