Monday, April 12, 2010

Can you JAM?

I love when Spring/Summer rolls around mostly because of the yummy fruit that is in season!!! Strawberries are so cheap and we can eat them to our hearts content. I got an 8 lb flat of strawberries from my sister-in-law and guess what I did with them??? Made jam! I used to do freezer jam, but due to lack of space, I've converted to cooked (canned) jam that can be stored on the shelf. And we go through an unbelievable amount of jam in a year, so you know what I'll be doing a lot of in the near future! Plus it's good for food storage. :) It makes me feel a little more Betty {Crocker} every time I make jam!

"
"
"+=
:)

2 comments:

brittney larson said...

yummmm!! i will do this one year.. props to you :)

Heather said...

That looks really good. But don't you need like special equipment and boiling hot water and tongs and stuff to do that kind of jam?