Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!!

As usual, I have waaaaaaaaaaay too many pictures to share!!

The one thing I won't have pictures of is dying eggs. I just haven't gotten into this tradition with my kids! Maybe the thought of it turning into a gigantic mess makes me nervous?? This year I actually did made it a step further than last year- I hardboiled the eggs, but then they sat nakey in the fridge! Oh well. Maybe next year will finally be the year where we make it all the way!

Easter Bunny was very generous to the kiddos this year! :) He (she?? *wink*) also usually leaves us a family game; this year it was Jenga. Everyone got a new pair of spring/summer pjs, a book(s) and a new toothbrush. A few other toys & trinkets to fill in and a chocolate bunny for the older ones, Gerber snacks for Prest.
The Easter Bunny leaves a trail of plastic eggs to the baskets.....Chocolate for breakfast? Why not!!!Preston needs a treat tooPreston is in love with balls!And look- his first official pair of shoes!
For breakfast, I made homemade egg McMuffins. These are a huge favorite in our home. Egg, cheddar cheese, ham and strawberry jam on a whole wheat English muffin. MUCH better than the fake garbagio that you get at McDs (that Matt loves - barf)!!!I also made these carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting from scratch. A little colored coconut and a nest of jelly beans make them so festive! :)After General Conference was over, we headed to Matt's parents for an egg hunt and dinner.Then on to my parents for desserts and another egg hunt.
We call Heston the lizard whisperer. He rubs under their chin or something and they go to sleep. Then he pretends to eat them?!?? Blech! And freaky.

I'll end with this cute bunny boy!

1 comment:

Meshell said...

what a great group of shots! LOVE it! the kids are getting soooo big!