Monday, April 12, 2010

PHX Suns game

Brooklyn was selected to attend a Phoenix Suns game vs. the San Antonio Spurs last week with a group of kids from her school in recognition of being a Character Counts Fan of Fairness. I immediately flew into overprotective-mama-mode, thinking "they want to take my kid 1+hour away to a ginormous sporting event and not be back to the school until 10pm on a SCHOOL NIGHT??!?" I didn't want to deprive Brooklyn of the reward and the experience, but I just wasn't cool with the circumstances.

I called the counselor and wanted more details. I asked if it would be possible to grab her before they left if I were at the game too. She obliged and I quickly contacted my awesome brother-in-law, who works for the Phoenix Suns, to ask if there were any tickets available to the game so that I could at least be there (although not in the same section as Brooklyn). He was able to accommodate and since Matt had mutual that night, I decided to take my mom with me. :)
(why does my face look so fat when i try to take pics like this???)

I shipped Brooklyn off to the school to ride on the bus with her classmates to the arena. We could actually see the section where the group was sitting, which made me much more comfortable. It was jam packed with people and it was SOOO loud!! The school group was planning on leaving @ 9pm, which happened to be during halftime. The game was so intense that I didn't want to leave so I went and picked up Brooklyn and brought her back to my seat for the rest of the game! I bought her this foam finger as a souvenir because I'm such a good mom. *teehee* It was in my face all night!!!
(apparently she suffers from the same fat-face syndrome! lol)

She sat on my lap, which made me hot and sweaty since you're in such tight quarters anyway. But she absolutely loved cheering for the Suns and even told me, "This is the best day of my life!!!" The icing on the cake was that our row won free humungo ice cream sandwiches from ColdStone Creamery!!!!!!! Brooklyn ate mine, only allowing me three bites. LOL!We left after the game was over (PHX won!) at 10pm. Hey, she can stay out late on a school night if she's with her MOM, right???? ;)

Isn't she the cutest little Suns fan????
She zonked out about 5 minutes into the drive home, which was one of the things I was worried about sending her on the bus that late.It was a super fun night and I'm glad that everything worked out.

3 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

oh what a blast! i'm glad it all worked out so well...what a cutie & what a super fun night!!!

Heather said...

I'll bet she remembers this for a LONG time!

mad white woman said...

I have "fat face" when I take self portraits unless I make sure I am looking up, just slightly, towards the camera. You are such a good mom. :)