Saturday, June 19, 2010

LOOK who's 30!!!!!!!!


^^^ THIS GUY!!!! ^^^

The first half of the day was a bit busy, he helped his sister pack up for their move across the country for med school. When he got back, I was out the door for our sister-in-law's baby shower. Once everyone got settled in the afternoon, we sent him on a treasure hunt to find his birthday gifts. :)
He was successful with the help from a few cute kidlets! ;)From the kids, this Super Soaker water GUNAnd from me, the best wife in the world.............what is it????????????????A REAL GUN!!!!!
Storytime!! ;)

Matt's been wanting a pistol for a loooooooooooong time. His brother has one and what Derek has, Matt must have. lol! It's been on the "want" list, but all the "needs" (ie. car repairs, bills, etc.) kept pushing the gun farther and farther down. Matt would talk about it here and there, but knew that it wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Well, about Spring Break-ish time, I decided that I wanted surprise Matt *BIG TIME* for his 30th birthday and get him this gun. I talked with his brother to find out the exact model he wanted. I was really hesitant still because #1, I've never purchased anything that expensive without Matt by my side, let alone a GUN!! and #2, I wasn't sure if Matt would care that the gun would be registered in my name instead of his. The element of surprise on his actual birthday won over so I bought the gun while Matt was away on a business related trip at the beginning of May and stashed it at his brother's house for 6 weeks. It was a HARD secret to keep (especially for Gavin who was with me when I bought it!), but he was definitely surprised and I loved that!!!! Now he feels like a real man. haha!

Tonight to celebrate, we decided to get a sitter for Preston and take Brooklyn, Blake and Gavin to the movie theater to see Karate Kid. It was super late for the kids but we all enjoyed the movie very much!

The kids showing off their awesome karate poses~And I guess as wife of the year, I should appear in this blog post somewhere.... ;)Happy Birthday, Matt!!!!!!!

No comments: