Friday, June 4, 2010

Cabin Getaway

Matt was going to be heading to the Teacher/Priest high adventure trip for the second half of the week so the kids and I escaped to the cabin along with cousins to help kill some time! (he gets back tomorrow)

The kids {esp Gavin} love pointing out the "Phoenix arrow" as we're driving up Ironwood and west on the 60, so of course they got giddy when it was right out their window as we drove by it on our way up North!
Dirty faces & dirty fingernails ~ a sure sign of a good time!
The three little boys of the family - Jacob (23 months), Adam (29 months), Preston (17 months) - all born in the same year; only 6 months separate each of them. :)
This picture wasn't easy to capture! It took some serious wrangling to get all three of them in the same frame!
Bubble blowing & otter popsWho needs snow for sledding??? Hence the dirt-laden children.
Bathing in the laundry room wash basin -- it's a cabin tradition that I'm pretty sure every baby has participated in!
Cookie bakingPuzzle doingBedtime story reading
Every time we get together, I announce how glad I am that Emily and Brooklyn have each other. They are currently the only girl cousins out of 10 grandchildren on the Palmer side (we get a new baby girl next month!!!) and they are just 7 weeks apart, thank goodness! ♥

I always love spending time up at the LeBaron cabin with my sisters-in-law and mother-in-law. I love me some good girl chatter and we always get to know more about each other, be it good or bad! LOL! ;) Jen and I learned that we follow the same bedtime prep routine for ourselves- wash face, brush teeth, blow nose, chapstick, lotion- exactly in that same order! And we also learned that I *might* get a little slap-happy-slash-wild when playing Hand & Foot (card game) at 10:30pm.

The kids had a few squabbles here and there but no one can deny that we all had a pretty good time! Now about all that filthy laundry.... sigh.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Blake's sad face is just 'too funny'. I bet he had fun doing that! And the 3 little boy cousins, they look so cute together! And I love the laundry room bath time. And the sledding down dirt, it must have been fun! You guys had a really good time. And I'm sorry about the laundry afterwards. How long did it take to do?