Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Fun with Cousins

Last week, we met up with Jen, Josh, Emi and Adam to play at the San Tan Village splash pad. I didn't know how busy it would be so I didn't bring Preston's swimsuit because I was worried he'd get trampled by kids. Turned out it wasn't busy at all, so I let him loose, white trash as ever, in his adorable cut-off denim shorts!
Then we cooled off with a yummy treat! Thanks guys!!
Today, we headed to Tempe with Kristin, Andrew and Spencer to check out the brand new Arizona SeaLife Aquarium at Arizona Mills mall. The kids liked it, but I can't say they were enthralled or WOWed by it. We were in and out in just over an hour. I'm glad we went so we can say we've been there done that, but I'm not sure it was worth the admission, even with a discount coupon!! I guess I only had one other aquarium to compare it to and The Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach is kind of a big deal!!! Good pictures were hard to come by since it's entirely low light in there, but I think I managed a few.....

Blake and Brooklyn touch starfish in the "tide pools"Gav up close and personal w/ a puffer fishPreston watches the raysBlake peeping through a port hole at the rays and sharksThey had these cool little "bubbles" that the kids could
poke their heads up into to get a better look at the fishWatching all the fishMy favorite of the day!! Kristin w/ Andrew & SpenceSeahorsesAmazing jellyfish!The "tunnel"
I'm sure there will be many more fun adventures to come! I can hardly believe we only have a little more than 6 weeks of summer left!!!

No comments: