Monday, June 28, 2010

RaNdOmNeSs

These are just things that are floating through my mind that aren't big enough to deserve a blog post all of their own so I'm putting them all here in one.

1. I feel like I am CONSTANTLY buying a new box of laundry detergent so I decided to actually see how long it took me to go through one of these giants.ONE MONTH!!!! To the DAY! 95 loads, the box says. Crazy. No wonder I feel like I'm forever doing laundry. 'Cause I AM!!! Next I'm going to have to keep track of exactly how many loads *I* get out of a box of soap.

2. What do all these items have in common???E.V.E.R.Y. single one I found in Blake's pockets while sorting through laundry!!!! That kid.

3. I think I'm a dang good watermelon picker!!! As in from the grocery store. You can find me picking up a dozen or so melons, giving them a few good spanks, listening for just the right *thump*. Sometimes I do a victory cry/dance when I cut into a melon that looks and smells perfect. Weird, I know, but I'm proud of this talent! I love the designs in this one....4. I got a new phone. And I just had the fact reiterated to me that I'm not a fan of change. And I'm horrible about making decisions, especially right there on the spot. I thought I was soooo far away from this point, but alas, here I am all grown up and finally joining the 21st century!
It's a Droid. And I can't think "Droid" without hearing it just like on the commercials. I'm still learning how to use this new fandangled piece of technology. Matt says this phone LOOKS like "my" phone. Hmmmm, I wonder why???? ;)

5. We've recently become acquainted to these beauties. Thermos FUNtainer beverage bottle is the official name, thank you Google. Around here, we call them "flick-open cups."Because that's what they do, flick open. See?I first bought Brooklyn, Blake and Gavin each one to take with us on our California trip and that's when we knew they were for us!! They keep drinks super cold, even if we leave them in our sweltering car while we run errands during the summer. They aren't cheap ($13/piece) but in my mind, drinks that stay cold for hot sweaty kids equals a price worth paying. Plus we can wash and reuse these instead of throwing away plastic water bottles, so we're helping the environment, right? We now own two sets of these cups in Star Wars, Toy Story, Hello Kitty, Spiderman, Cars and Tinkerbell varieties. :)

6. I {heart} Old Navy. Matt wishes I didn't {heart} Old Navy so much. The end.

5 comments:

Jen Hilton said...

I'm here! It worked. Thanks.

Beka said...

WOW- lots going on:)!! sorry- i hardly ever read private blogs b/c i'm lazy to login:)- but i wanna get some of those water bottles - where are they from? i cant believe your baby is 18 months either-- crazy!! So Tyler & Lisa moved back- we all need to get together to party sometime soon!! BTW- we are good friends with Spencer & Jessica D in your ward- had them over for dinner the other week and made the connection:)

Lindsay Skinner said...

I want your watermelon secret! I love them, but don't know how to pick them.

michelle parker said...

hey my friend just taught me how to make homemade laundry detergent. super easy and cast effective!

michelle parker said...

*cost*