Saturday, September 11, 2010

Soccer Mom ♥

Yep, the title is official!

This a sport we haven't tried yet but Brooklyn has been begging for years to play, so we signed Brooklyn, Blake and Gavin up for the Fall season through AZ Soccer Club. We got all our new gear- soccer balls, shin guards (love these ones for our kids with skinny legs!) and cleats for everyone. It's a different realm with this stuff because neither Matt nor I have ever played soccer before. I guess we'll all learn together! :)

It seems like most people start their kids in soccer when they are 4 so I was afraid Brooklyn and Blake would be at a gross disadvantage coming in for the first time at 7 1/2 years old. But I was surprised how quickly they caught on and I think they did pretty well considering!! They have a great coach, whom we met during last baseball season. There are 5 girls and 3 boys on the twins' team. Today they played a team of all boys!
Blake has the ball!
I think Blake had a smile on his face the WHOLE time! Soccer is much more suitable for Blake [than baseball] because it's constant movement so he doesn't have time to get bored.
Kicking in...
#8{keeper}Go Brooklyn Go!Hustling to the ballAtta girl!We do need to get a little more aggression flowing though their veins.
Brooklyn is just too nice.... Get in there and GET that ball!!High-fives to Karsen after he scores a goal!We did have an injury....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.....or TWO!!!
Blake got kicked in the toe (you think?????) and Brooklyn took a ball to the face! Oh my!

Cute twins post-game

This is Gavin's first time playing an organized sport so I was little nervous he'd cop-out, but he didn't cry or complain once!! He was SO excited to wear his new soccer shirt!
Kick it!Running after the ball#2Little goalieGood job, Gavin!
It's been a little crazy around here, adding three kids playing one sport plus our other extra-curriculars during the week! We're talking Monday soccer practice twins, Tuesday nothing, Wednesday soccer practice Gav, Thursday karate Blake, Friday ballet Brooklyn, Saturday soccer games for all three!! Whew! I have a feeling this is just the beginning of the madness!!!!! No wonder I'm so exhausted! Love it, though! Being busy, not exhausted.

2 comments:

JJ and Kimberly Taylor said...

So fun! You can tell Brooklyn that I get a ball in the face while pllayer soccer too, but my nose bled, so she is doing much better than me!

Emily said...

So cute. Love the uniforms... and the giant one that Gavin was wearing while he was goalie... hahaha so funny.