Saturday, January 15, 2011

Gavin's bday party

Since Gavin was turning the BIG 5 this year, we decided that it was time to have a real birthday party with some little friends. :) So we had 6 CrAzY boys + the birthday boy running amok at our house for 90 minutes.

I wanted to have Star Wars music playing in the background but when I went to sync my iPod, it said it was corrupted. WTHeck??! I was so bummed. :( Dumb computer viruses.

We played a few little games like "Keep the Balloon in the Air with Your Lightsaber"
and "Pin the Blast on the Star Wars Thingies" (remember my lack of proper Star Wars terminology??) and "Toss the Water Bombs into the Opposite team's Basket" which pretty much turned into a water balloon fight. ;)Since those kept their attention for about 2 minutes, we moved right on to the BOUNCE HOUSE!!!! And that was it. They went nuts, jumping and rolling and dog piling on each other for the next 30 minutes! Thanks to Derek & Kristin for letting us borrow their bouncer and saving the day!
Everyone came inside for cupcakes and ice cream.......then gifts. I thought it was hilarious that all the boys were huddled together so close to see what Gavin got. I could barely see what was going on in there! LOL!Treyson McLeod, Spencer Palmer, Joshua Thornes, Brayden Wilson, Gavin, Carson Carrasco, Alec Painter
Goody bags consisted of Star Wars stickers, Star Wars party blower, red green & blue glow sticks, Pop Rocks, Blow Pop sucker, 2 Star Wars silly bands, dipped pretzel rod "lightsabers," and the little inflatable lightsabers that we used for our first game. Birthday parties aren't my forte, but I managed to keep this one simple and low-key enough.
At least I know Gavin had a great time and that's all that matters! :)

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I was just thinking this week that 5 is a good age for the first friend party. I love how everything follows the theme, even the things in the goody bags.

People like you are the reason I don't feel comfortable teaching preschool/joy school/or anything that involves other kids. Funny that it's also people like you that I would want my kids to take preschool from. Ha ha.