Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY New Year {2011}

I'm gonna back up a few nights first....

Since we were hosting a party at our house on New Years Eve, we decided to do a mini celebration with the kids the night before with cousins at Derek & Kristin's house. Fireworks are now legal in Arizona (not anything that shoots into the air) and it's been so WEIRD seeing firework stands on corners everywhere! We bought up the motherload and had a blast (no pun intended) lighting them off with the kids. Preston was absolutely terrified of all the noise. He was fine to watch from afar. haha! Matt finally coerced him to hold a sparkler, but my camera battery had just died, darn.

Daddy helping Brooklyn light a firework!My chicken self. Look how far I was standing away from the thing as I was trying to light it!Hot chocolate!
Like I mentioned before, we had a couples party at our house on New Years Eve. The theme was "There's an APP for that" and everyone brought an APPetizer to share. ;) We had 7 couples here and it was so fun! We bought Just Dance 2 for the Wii and tried it out for the first time. It was a RIOT watching some of those guys bust a move!
Above: Rocky Tuner, Matt
Below: Preston Strebeck, Rocky Turner, Craig Connolly
We did a little Guitar Hero too, then the guys went outside to light off more fireworks while the girls stayed cozy warm and watched from inside. Funny to see how fireworks turn them into little pyro boys!!
We counted down to the New Year (thanks Carson Daly) then kissed our sweeties and cheered to the upcoming year with sparkling cider. I look totally exhausted in this picture. 'Cause I was.
Here's the group, minus one couple who had to jet out early.
2010 was a pretty good year for us. When I look back, I can't think of anything really negative. We've been really, really blessed, especially with Matt's job. I know we are lucky to be employed by a company that treats us so well and has encouraged Matt's growth in his profession. He works hard to provide a living for our family and he does such a good job. We are looking forward to even more excitement and fun in 2011!!

No comments: