Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Mother's Hands

This picture is horrible, but I just wanted to document how pitiful my hands look!!! They crack and bleed and hurt SO bad during the winter time. It doesn't matter how much I slather them with lotion, I'm a mom which means hand washing X 1,000,000 during the day. Between diaper changes, my own bathroom use (tmi!), dishes, laundry, food prep, kid baths, washing my face and showering, my hands are constantly getting wet.

As I was sitting here, all of a sudden, this picture became something symbolic to me. I may not have the prettiest, well-manicured hands, but that is not important to me. What I see is the hard work that goes into being a mother; that's my job every day, 24/7/365. And I wouldn't trade it for the world. ♥

"—there is no hand like Mother’s. Nor does its tender care diminish through the years." Thomas S. Monson, August 1990

2 comments:

Brandi said...

My hands look the same! Ouch! Sometimes during the day when I know I have just changed diapers and gotten many things done that my hands need to be in water for, I put a ton a lotion on, then 5 minutes later the kids need me to do something for them that involves water. Like you said though, I wouldn't trade it for the world either.

Kasey said...

So true! My poor Kylee's hand look like yours and she's not even a mom yet! Girl is in for it for sure!