Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day

*Matt had the day off :)
*Slept in
*Had grand plans for a red white and blue breakfast, didn't happen
*Saw Cars 2 at the theater
Preston barely made it through with the help of approx 12 DumDum suckers at the end!!!*Got car washed
*Bought up the firework stand ;) Still getting used to seeing those on every corner!*Laid around for a good part of the afternoon
*Went to the grocery store
*Had grilled steak(Matt)/chicken(me)/hot dogs(kids),
roasted potato wedges, corn on the cob and watermelon for dinner
*FIREWORKS out front with neighbors

Poor Presty didn't like the noise and sat huddled like this inbetween crying episodes. :(I was messing the the manual settings on my camera and therefore got a ton of crappy black shots. :( Here are a few that I managed to capture....

Twinners getting brave and lighting their own!! Grand finale~All the kids got glow sticks and I handed out popsicles to help chill us off afterward.

I truly am grateful that we live in America and can enjoy so many freedoms. While we were singing America the Beautiful as the closing song in church on Sunday, I started to get emotional (darn hormones again!) at the very end. Such power and truth to those words!!

God Bless the U.S.A!! ★

No comments: