Monday, March 5, 2012

Lehi Days ★

The last time we went to Lehi Days, 2 years ago, I was without a husband. This year, we were able to go together as a family. We even met up with some of my family; my dad, Cody & Joshua, Becky, Taylor and their two kids. Brooklyn giving cousin Lexi a piggy-back ride.The kids get so excited for this little rodeo. We started off with pony rides. I was a nervous mama while Preston was riding because it looked like he was sliding off, but the girl leading the pony was oblivious! Blake & Brookyn rode on the other side so I couldn't get a picture of them. I'm pretty sure Brooklyn would love to have a horse!

Next the kids checked out the petting zoo.

Brooklyn is missing our teeny fuzzy chicks.Blake snuggled this gargantuan bunny!We ate a faaaaabulous BBQ lunch
After we stuffed ourselves, we found a covered spot on the bleachers and watched some of the competitive events ~ goat dressing, calf roping, grocery race.Matt signed Brooklyn, Blake and Gavin up for the money goat and greased pig chase. There were about a trillion kids in both these events. These kinds of things aren't really Gavin's style so Matt ended up having to bribe him to go out in the arena. Blake was sooooo close to grabbing a buck of the goat! Gavin just kinda trotted around with the masses and I think this is the closest he ever got to an animal!
Lehi Days is such a fun event to attend. Such a great day to spend as a family! I always see tons of people from the stake where I lived during my high school years (obviously) and lots of people from high school. It's nice to catch up with people see their cute families now that we all have kids. Matt left wanting to buy some acreage, get some horses and sign Brooklyn up for the nearest 4H club!

No comments: