Thursday, March 1, 2012

Color on the Walls

We painted a couple of the walls in our family room and kitchen area years ago, shortly after we moved into the house. We painted the powder room on a whim one holiday weekend and the laundry room got painted when we had that remodeled almost a year ago. All the other walls downstairs were flat, white builder's paint but covered in scuffs, dirt, crayon and pencil marks that wouldn't even come off with a good scrubbing. I've been dying to get them painted but it is such a large area that needed to be done, I couldn't imagine doing it quickly all on our own.

Enter my dad. My dad is pretty much the handiest guy I know. He's been in the construction industry for as long as I've been alive. He's currently unemployed so he's been doing side jobs to bring in money so we decided to hire him to paint for us. He did everything in two days, including hanging a new light fixture above our kitchen table!
Front roomHallwayFamily room
I love it! It's so warm and fresh and clean looking!! I joked that I wouldn't have cared if the paint was hot pink, as long as it covered the ugly white walls! Thanks a million dad!!

No comments: