Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thanking my LUCKY stars

Setting the scene: I was prepping food for dinner in the kitchen before church. I had vacuumed the carpeted areas earlier and left the vacuum plugged in so I could do the kitchen floors later. The kids were playing Twister in the front room.

All of a sudden, I heard Preston cry, an "I'm hurt" cry. When he came to me, he said his fingers hurt and he saw fire. What??! He showed me where. Preston had put a quarter in between the vacuum plug and the outlet, which shocked him and sent sparks flying. When I yanked the plug out by the cord, even MORE sparks shot out of the outlet!! Talk about freaky!I'm not sure how much damage can be done by something like this, but I'm grateful that nothing more serious happened. I said a silent prayer, thanking Heavenly Father for watching over him this day.

1 comment:

Kasey said...

Scary! Glad nothing more happened to little Presty!