Saturday, February 25, 2012

He took them, I took her

Last weekend, Matt took all three boys to see the Harlem Globetrotters. He got the SWEETEST hookup on 2nd row tickets from a patient of his that works at the Globetrotters headquarters here in Phoenix. She also got them these basketballs!!! I was jealous because I've always wanted to see the Globetrotters, but I'm glad that the boys got to have a fun night with their Daddy!! Blake, especially, couldn't stop talking about how cool it was!
Last night, I took Brooklyn to see Wicked. She had NO idea we were going! I started giving her clues on Wednesday, but nothing too revealing. I brought out a brand new dress that I got her for the occasion, we got dressed up and picked up Jen, Emily, Melissa and Matt's mom. I turned on the Wicked soundtrack once we got on the freeway, but the girls didn't get the hint. haha As we were heading to dinner, we passed Gammage and there was a huge semi-truck trailer with the Wicked logo across the side. Emily mentioned something about it, then put two and two together and asked if we were going to see Wicked. OH, they were so excited!!! We ate dinner at Oregano's beforehand.
Then we headed over to the theater and got seated. This was my 4th time seeing Wicked, but it never gets old! Brooklyn was glued! It was so fun to be there with my {oldest} daughter.
She picked a winged monkey stuffed animal as her souvenir (I got a t-shirt) and I didn't even get to take a picture of her with it because she zonked out before we even got home! See the little blue wings sticking out of her hair?
This is him, below -- of all the things...
I'm so glad that we have the opportunity to take our kids to things like this and make good memories with them. They love being able to have special outings with just mom or dad! I hope we can continue to make this a yearly tradition.

No comments: