Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Getting musical

One thing that Matt & I have always agreed on is that we want all our kids to take piano lessons and/or play another musical instrument. Well, the day has come. A couple weeks ago, Brooklyn, Blake AND Gavin had their first piano lesson. There is a lady in the next ward over that is very reasonably priced and she managed to squeeze all three kiddos in.

Blake is catching on quickly.
Gavin working on theory

Honestly, at this time in our lives, I already feel crazy busy. 5 kids. Dance, karate, scouts, activity days, baseball; adding one more thing didn't really appeal to me, but Matt was insistent. It's not like things are going to settle down any time soon. And I really DO want my kids to play the piano. And they're only getting older. I already love hearing the sounds of their little songs and exercises from the front room! :) I hope all my kids will develop a talent and love for music. It's something that I'm grateful that I've carried with me even until now.

2 comments:

Janell said...

So......Linzoid, how's your piano playing going? Still slamm'n out Chariots of Fire? Noone plays our piano or keyboard anymore....(insert sad Dad face here!)

Janell said...

Herb said....