Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love Day 2012

We started off the day with a little rain! Preston begged for an umbrella so he could go outside. :)Yesterday, Matt brought roses home for each of his girls ~ pink for me, red for Brooklyn and white for Hayden.Lunch~ heart shaped sandwiches, strawberries and red Jello {Preston chose orange Jello instead}. Twins had the same plus a cheese stick.I spent the afternoon making a couple V-day treats. These have always been a favorite for the kids at holiday time!I also tried my hand at these adorable little pies, including making the crust from scratch! They aren't perfect, but they sure were yummy!Then these were Matt's Valentine's Day gift from me.... because he loves them.
I started the little gift-giving tradition a couple years ago and last year, I picked up these cute mailboxes from the Target dollar section. Thankfully they had them again this year so I picked up one for Hayden too. The kids have been asking about and talking about the Valentine mailboxes for DAYS!! They found them on the table after school. The older three had a pack of Pokemon and gum. Preston's had a Miles Axelrod diecast car (from Cars 2) and mini M&Ms.

Hayden got a bib, a binky clip and a princess rattle.The kids had their Valentine's Day parties last Friday. I always see all these darling homemade Valentine cards on crafty blogs, but my kids wanted to hand out candy to their classmates and I wasn't about to argue with them! ;) Valentine's cards get thrown away about two seconds later so I'm glad I didn't waste all that time and effort doing something cute! haha

Matt and I sorta had our Valentine date over the weekend. We went out to dinner with all his sibs and parents (while Kimberly & JJ were still in town) and then we saw The Vow at the movie theater with Derek & Kristin.

I love ALL my Valentines!! Matthew, Brooklyn, Blakey, Gavin, Preston and Hayden ♥♥♥♥♥♥

No comments: