Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

I figured this would be a pretty lounge-y day since Matt just got home from Philmont the night before and was still pretty exhausted.  We woke to an overcast day and the kids actually slept in!!  We had waffles and bacon for breakfast and played Dance Central on the Xbox for a bit.  I sent Matt and the kids off to get some fireworks to light off later and treats for the movie while I got myself and the baby ready to go out.

We took the kids to the theater to see Brave, the newest Pixar movie that just came out.  I think everyone enjoyed it!


The kids rode bikes and scooters outside with neighbor kids while I sat outside and supervised.  It sprinkled rain a little bit and there was a cool breeze.  No joking, COOL breeze in July!!  Heavenly!  We ordered pizza for dinner, then waited for it to get dark.

We walked down the street and met up with some friends to light off fireworks!  It's always a delight to watch grown men turn into pyros!  The kids had a great time throwing Pop-Its and holding sparkler after sparkler!  Thankfully we remembered the noise reduction headphones for Preston so he tolerated everything very well.
Sparkler fun
Matt trying to singe of the last of his hair....
Brooklyn & Morgan Bodell
Matt launching fireworks from his bare hand - eek!!

Blake watching the display

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I love firework pictures.

Happy Birthday to Matt. Poor Jason will probably never have a gaming anything. Maybe someday I'll turn into a nice wife like you. :)