Thursday, July 5, 2012

We SURVIVED!!

Matt just got back from a 13 day trip to Philmont Scout Ranch in northeastern New Mexico where he participated in a backpacking excursion with Derek and boys from our wards.  I knew he would have a fabulous time, but I was a little worried about how I would handle being on my own with the kids for that long!  It started off slow but we kept busy....

swimming at Becky's
happy meals
Apache Juntion pool with Thornes & Bodell's
dance
karate
pizza
RS Enrichment night
Target
birthday party
Dunkin Donuts
dance recital dress rehearsal
Chick-fil-a
dance recital
ice cream at Baskin Robbins
church with mom&dad/grandma&grandpa
library
grocery store
WalMart
piano lessons
tie-dye activity day
birthday party
playing with friends
babyfood making
swimming at Kristin's
piano lessons
playing with friends
Heard Pueblo cub scout day camp (3 days)
bunko
swimming at Kristin's
haircuts
playing with friends
happy meals
new crafts
Sunday dinner at Palmer's
playing with friends
hanging out/playing at Thornes
dance
Sweetie Peaz frozen yogurt
AND piano lessons.

Although there were more EXCITING things I was wanting to do, we ended up staying pretty close to home and managing just fine.  There were definitely days that I had a hard time, but I felt like the kids behaved pretty well overall, which was a blessing.

I started missing Matt about day 3.  There was so much I wanted to talk to him about!!  He sent me this picture, midway through the trip, of him and Derek on the top of Mt. Baldy, 12444 ft elevation.   Looking a little rugged, gentlemen!!

Almost every day, we received PoSTcaRDs from DADDY!  That was a fun treat to find in the mailbox!

Matt was completely exhausted (to be expected) by the time he got home, but boy were we sure glad to have our Daddy back!!

No comments: