Monday, October 12, 2015

Fall Break ~ UTAH!! {more temples & family}

My other goal while we were in Utah was to visit as many temples as we could along our route.  My head (and heart) has really been thinking about the quote from our prophet, Thomas S. Monson, "As we touch the temple and love the temple, our lives will reflect our faith.  As we go to the holy house and remember the covenants we make therein, we will be able to bear every trial and overcome every temptation."

I want my kids to understand what a special and sacred place the temple is and hope they know how much I love the temple.  I wanted them to actually touch each of the temples.  They started getting annoyed with me that I was making them get out each time and put their hands on the wall, but I know they'll remember this experience.

There were so many more that we could've seen, but we did what time allowed.  Once we left the Barneys, we picked out a few temples that we could stop at on the way to our next destination.

Oquirrh Mountain 

Payson
This temple was just dedicated in June!  
It is HUGE!!  Reminds me of our Gilbert temple.

Since Grandma & Grandpa Sorensen live in Payson, we stopped by to say hi.  Grandpa is in a care home now so grandma met us there and we visited for awhile.  The kids sang "The Miracle" for them, which we sang in the Primary program just last month.  It's heartbreaking to watch your grandparents age and have trouble remembering things, like who you are.  They were so grateful we took the time to see them.

Manti
The kids thought this temple looks like a castle - it does!

No comments: