Saturday, December 26, 2015

Merry Christmas~ 2015

Finally, after 13 years of marriage, we have all matching stockings for our family!!
There's no surprising the kids what their "one" Christmas Eve gift is!  New Christmas jammies!
Gavin requested that Santa leave written proof of his visit~

Oooooohhhh!  Santa has come!  He left lots of toys for good girls and boys!  Brooklyn got a sewing machine, the boys got remote control cars and Hayden got a new art easel!  And a hot shot basketball arcade right here in the living room!
This is the "trap" Matt set this year for the kids.  
Stepping all over Legos didn't phase them one bit! haha
Traditional picture on the stairs
Excited for a selfie stick!
A little friendly competition in the morning~
A super cute new helmet!  She'll be riding her bike princess style!
Gavin has been wanting his own gumball machine for awhile now!
I try to make sure that one gift is educational or gives them a chance to use their brain!
Hayden got a Boogie Board, which is basically a modernized Magnadoodle
I remember having a Spirograph when I was a kid!
She's happy about this one!
LEGOS!!!
Guess it was a technology Christmas for Matt and I!  He got me the camera lens I've been wanting, I got him a GoPro!

Trying out gifts!
We call this "The Aftermath"


Guess I didn't really take pictures of our Christmas day festivities with the Palmers, but a story about our time with the Hamiltons.... My mom was recently diagnosed with rectal cancer.  She's been doing chemo and radiation and because of this, her immune system is really suppressed.  She's supposed to stay away from large crowds (meaning she's had to miss out on all the holiday concerts and recitals) and try not to come into contact with sick people.  Of course two of my boys had coughs come Christmas Day and I was torn because I didn't want to miss out on this chance to see my family.  We talked about driving separately (which I hate doing) so Matt could take the boys home.  My parents came up with a solution- the boys could wear surgical masks to keep their germs to themselves.  There were a few tears shed over the situation, but when I explained why it was really important for Grandma to stay healthy, they seemed to be ok with it.
Joshua is happy about the new HAM radio we gave him!
Heston has the best expressions!  We got him a knife and an extra long sleeping bag for his extra tall self.
Heston has introduced the boys into the world of Magic the Gathering.  It's a card game.
Calendars as usual for the seesters!
Hayden LOOOOOVES the princess chapstick box Grandma gave her!
Sibling pic!  I feel short when I'm around them.  Except Beck. haha
Just missing Cody, who will be home for next Christmas!!!
Just had to mention these beautiful squares of deliciousness!!  I could've eaten the whole pan by myself!!  I'm not normally a brownie lover, but put a layer of frosting and candy canes on top??  Yes, please!

No comments: