Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Walk with the Dinosaurs

Today, my sister-in-law, Kristin, and I took our kids to the Arizona Museum of Natural History (used to be known as the Mesa Southwest Museum). There are huge dinosaur skeletons and all kinds of fossils and even some gold panning opportunities for the kids! Blake especially loved our outing today. He's not quite a dinosaur nut, but he likes to learn about them! :)
How do you size up? A HUGE Mammoth!
Blake with the T-Rex (Night at the Museum, anyone?)
My pictures pretty much all turned out wretched because once again, I decided to take our little camera instead of the SLR. When am I gonna learn that I regret that EVERY time!! As big and bulky as it is (moreso than a compact camera anyway), the picture quality is a gazillion times better! So please, don't laugh at my mediocre pictures, with poor lighting and awful red eye! I'm embarrassed. *hanging my head in shame*

This is a dinosaur femur!
Gavin playing with the dinos in the activity center
Brooklyn doing dinosaur rubbings

Outside to pan for gold! So hilarious- Brooklyn was the only one that actually cared about finding gold! The boys just scooped up sand and water, dumped it back in and ended up soaking wet! Brooklyn complained about her flip-flops being dirty afterward! LOL!
Three gold-diggers!

This was waaaay cool and funny! The kids could go back behind this tv, stand against a blue screen and they'd appear on the tv!! All three were being silly!
Movie stars!
We had a dino-mite time!!! ;)

6 comments:

Emily Widdison said...

we will have to visit the dinos...so much fun!
YES, please keep the rocket for me! I'll love you forever!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Funny you mention Dinos. Aaron and I were at CostCo last night and we saw this COOLEST dinosaur toy. It was $25, so it may be worth looking into as a Christmas gift. It was pretty involved. Aaron didn't want to walk away, I don't think. :o)

Rebecca said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. It does seem like just yesterday you were pregnant with Gavin. His birthday is coming up too. Well it is so weird that you guys are all gone now. It is really sad. Well the Silent Auction turn out fine we made about 700 bucks. How did you find the time to do this last year? It is a lot of work. Well thanks again for all your help.

Emily Widdison said...

will you please send me your e-mail address? i'm going to send you an evite...i promise to erase it off my blog as soon as I get it.
thanks!

Trenda said...

Looks Fun! I really need to find stuff like that around here to do with my kids. Looking forward to seeing you next week!

Emily Widdison said...

Just wondering if you kept the rocket for me? I bought one here but I would still love to buy the one you found so I don't have to drag one down to AZ from Utah for Christmas (I decided to give it to Luke for Chritmas) and if there are too many fights, I will give the other one to Isaac for his Birthday in Feb.;)