Saturday, January 19, 2008

Day full of injury....

.......to ME!!!


Injury #1 - We attended a birthday party today for Beka's twins. It was naptime, so Gavin was being a little bit clingy and came to sit on my lap. I had him turned around facing me and I can't really remember what was going on, but all of a sudden, Gavin head-butted me, RIGHT on the bridge of my nose!!! It made the loudest crack and instantly, tears formed in my eyes! Matt was surprised that there wasn't blood dripping down my face! Amazingly, it didn't swell and I don't have any signs of black eyes, thank goodness!

Injury #2 -
What is this a picture of, you may ask? Yes, it's my foot. Do you notice anything unusual about my foot? Oh, a bandaid, you say? Why, that's right! And why is my big toe covered with a bandaid? Why don't you take a guess!

A. A knife fell from the counter and cut my toe
B. I kicked something and my entire toenail got ripped off
C. I stepped on a nail and it went through my toe

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

If you guessed B, you're right!!!!

Let me just start by saying it's ALL Matt's fault! ;) After the birthday party, Matt suggested we head up to my mom's house just to hang out a bit since we were already nearby. We were going to lay Gavin down in the pack 'n play for a late nap. I went out to the garage to retrieve said pack 'n play and brought it in the house and into the room which Gavin would be napping. I swung it out to set it down, stepped forward and my sandaled foot collided with the end (foot) of the pack 'n play. I felt an excruciating pain, looked down and there was my big toenail opened up like a lid!!!!!!!!!!!! I held it down for a bit while I stood, doubled over in pain. My mom was right there and I told her what had happened and I plopped down on the bed. I seriously felt light-headed and about one second away from passing out! My mom doctored my toe up, nail still attached. Seven hours after this blessed event, my toe is STILL hurting! I have to limp and the more I walk around, the more it hurts. And trust me when I say I'm nursing this pain for all it's worth!!!

I think the most disappointing thing is that I actually like my feet and toes!! Now my left big toenail is going to fall off and it'll probably grow back in all nasty and ugly. I'm not going to be able to take the band-aid off, because if I do, I'm sure I'll barf on the spot. UGH!!! Why did this have to happen to me?!??! Like I said before, it's ALL Matt's fault!! But I still love him, even if I have an ugly toenail. :) Hey, maybe this means I'll get a 10% discount when I go for a pedicure, since I only have 9 nails to paint! ;)

8 comments:

Weston & Jennie said...

Just reading this made my stomach hurt. I HATE even stubbing my toe but that just sounds yucky. I hope that it is feeling better now. And about the instant tears, I know exactly what you are talking about. I got elbowed in the nose during a basketball game once and had the same thing happen.

mad white woman said...

ugh, i'm cringing and will cringe every time i think about that. EWWW! i would've passed out. i've realized lately that i am the biggest wimp when i see my own injuries. clara jabbed her finger up my nose and it didn't hurt that bad, but it made my nose bleed and i almost blacked out. lol about the 10% discount. you should totally ask. HA! HA HA HA! that is really funny.

Carrie Anne said...

Oh the toe pains HURT SO BAD! I feel for you! You better milk this injury for ALL it's worth!!! You deserve it FOR SURE!:) I hope it grows back okay...I'm sure it will.:)

Allison Johnson said...

Lindsay! How are you doing? I found your blog when I was hopping around. Just wanted to let you know...did the same thing when I was a teenager...the Doc said to keep the toenail on for as long as possible, then the new toenail has a better chance to look normal! Good luck!!

JLynn said...

did you feel sick to your stomach when your toe nail falled off?? I would have gotten lightheaded and queasy! I get that way seeing any blood! i hope you don't have any more accidents!! wow, sounds like your blake is suffering from "mine-itis". :) hopefully that will go away soon and that's so sad he BIT his little brother on the back over a toy!!! i think it's cool his transformer got put in time out. good way to teach him. thanks SO MUCH for your advice on car seats! i'm gonna have to do my research and check the reviews. do you have any good advice on pans to make a pizookie?

JLynn said...

falled, ha ha LOL!!!! fell :)

JLynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Arg. Can I just say thank you for showing your toe WITH the band-aid. I hit my toe this weekend and my nail only went back a bit and I was whincing in pain, so I can only imagine. I'm so sorry...