Sunday, January 13, 2008

Gavin is 2 years old!!!!

Happy Birthday, sweet boy!!!!

I can't believe my baby boy is already two years old!!!! It seems like just yesterday that we were waiting to meet our new baby, not knowing if it was going to be a boy or girl baby. I had a feeling all along that he was going to be a "he" and I was right!! I'm so thankful for Gavin and his sweet personality. I can't imagine our family without him!! :) Please indulge me for a sec while I take a trip down memory lane......

Overdue and ready to pop!! Right before heading to the hospital.
Mommy meets Gavin
6 days old3 months old6 months old9 months old1 year old15 months old18 months old21 months oldAND TODAY, at 2 years old!!!
with his favorite person, Mommy!!
Since Gavin's birthday fell on a Sunday, we just had a quiet day with family. Gavin woke up to find his BIG birthday gift, a basketball hoop. Went to church, came home and Gavin napped while I baked the cake. We went to my parents' for dinner of chimichangas, ate cake and opened gifts. Gavin is VERY into opening presents and has to get every last stitch of paper off before he pays any attention to what the actual gift is! He got more Little Einsteins stuff (books and stuffed characters), some Thomas items (DVD and Arthur train), a remote control car, a play camera and bath toys from us, the Little People airport, a big Elmo plush, a flashlight (the kid is fascinated with them!) and a Doc car (from the movie Cars) from my family, and a TMNT monster truck and candy from Becky & Taylor. Brooklyn and Blake were very helpful at church today, informing anyone and everyone that today was their brother's birthday! LOL! I wish I could have done a bigger/better celebration, but Gavin really doesn't know the difference and he was perfectly happy today!
Make a wish!
Opening gifts
Photographer in training!We're going on a trip, in our favorite rocket ship...
I still need to get out and take Gavin's 2 year "portraits" and you can bet that I'll be sharing those too! :) Happy Birthday, Bean!! We love you!

6 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

Man time flies! What a cute post to document...and an awesome idea! I bet it's fun being near family to celebrate these fun milestones. And Brooklyn & Blake are in a few weeks! Holy cow! Gavin is a very cute little boy!

Jamie said...

I can't believe he is two!!! Daxton will be here shortly. He is a very handsome boy. When I first looked at the blog, I thought, Oh my gosh, I didn't even know she was pregnant! Then I realized it was an old picture! I know I'm a little slow. Hope all is well with you guys!

Trenda said...

Wow! It seems like only yesterday when I was babysitting B&B while you were having him! I hope the next 6 months go just as fast . . . I'm so ready for Craig to start working and making money!

Weston & Jennie said...

I can't believe it! It almost makes me want to cry. Time has really flown. He is such a cute kid. I miss him calling all of our names. :) Give him a big hug and kiss from me. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAVIN!!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Gavin turning two, means Abby is just around the corner from turning 2. Too crazy!

Michelle said...

Wow, I can't believe he's already two! I also can't believe how much your hair has grown! I didn't realize it was that short when I first met you - I kind of always thought it was long! :)
Happy b-day Gavin! Great pics Lindsay!