Sunday, January 27, 2008

Farewell, our dear Prophet

President Gordon B. Hinckley, the prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, passed away this evening at the age of 97. He has served as prophet for almost 13 years, which is more than half of my life! He's the one prophet that I will always remember. Such a loss for our church, but I know he is with his beloved wife and our Savior Jesus Christ in the Celestial kingdom. What a marvelous, full life he lived, such an incredibly dedicated and stalwart man! We will miss you, President Hinckley!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love this picture of him. He was such a sweet man.

Jamie said...

I asked Josh last night if he could imagine the welcoming he received going to heaven! He was such a great man and one that I will miss a lot! I'm happy he gets to be with his great wife now! What a happy reunion!