Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Brooklyn and Blake!!

I can't believe these guys are SIX YEARS OLD!!!!

We started the morning off with banana pancakes for breakfast. YUM!! It was a busy day for me and I was actually hardly home at all. I did manage to pick up their birthday balloons, which Brooklyn was awfully disappointed they weren't there first thing in the AM. LOL!

After I picked them up from school, I got to work making dinner (Matt's parents joined us) and baking cakes from scratch. Blake and Brooklyn were seriously eager to open their gifts, verging on the edge of spoiled rotten brattiness! I threatened that if they continued begging for presents, I'd start lessening the amount they got by one gift for each offense. Mean mom, I know, but it worked. ;)

Another kids' birthday gone by with no awesome fanfare, but it warmed my heart to hear Brooklyn proclaim, "Thanks Mom, this was the best birthday EVER!" when all was said and done. :) We promised them a fun family outing instead of having a birthday party, which seemed to do the trick.

The spoilsBrooklyn and her loot, Blake and his lootMake a wish...............

















Reminiscing ~~ awhhhhhhhhhhh!
Me and my babies
We're so glad that Heavenly Father sent you, together, to be the first to join our family here on Earth. Mommy and Daddy love you very much and are so proud of all that you've accomplished thus far in your short lives. We can't wait to watch you grow even more and experience new things in the years to come. Happy 6th Birthday!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I remember coming over to your house just after they were born. I can't believe that was 6 years ago! Wow. How cute that Brooklyn is taller than Blake.

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, I do have to admit you are extremely photogenic! I have yet to see one ugly picture of you! Lucky duck!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Lindsay, you're strength, optimism, love & dedication to each of your children is such an inspiration to me. How you did it all with 4 kiddos and 2 of which being twins is beyond me. Thank you.

Carrie Anne said...

they can't be 6 yet! where does the time go? we decided to do a party every other year so that we can take a break & do a family thing...much less stress, huh? you still have a lot of work to do with twins! super mom!:)