Saturday, August 21, 2010

Dancin' @ the Dbacks game

Brooklyn's dance studio had the opportunity to dance at the Arizona Diamondbacks baseball game tonight!!! I want to give her every chance to participate in events like this so I signed her up!She's a ballet girl, so these hip-hop moves were a little bit intimidating to her and she was one of the youngest (and littlest) in this group, but she did good!!! (she's in the 3rd row)



We were originally supposed to perform on the field before the game but got booted to an upper level terrace (due to high school band night) where a cameraman broadcasted the dancing onto the jumbo-tron. Wasn't quite the experience that we were expecting but it was still fun!

My mom and dad came too and the kids loved having them with us during the ballgame vs the Colorado Rockies. The last Dbacks game we brought the kids to, I think Brooklyn and Blake were just a few months old!
Root, root, root for the home team....
(mommy's a sucker for souvenirs!)Hot Dogs!Cracker Jacks!!Cotton Candy!!!Me & my honeyin front of Chase Field
Look what was outside the stadium!!! I don't think I've ever seen the Wienermobile in real life before!!! The kids got these cute little {annoying} wienie whistles too. :)

3 comments:

Kasey said...

How fun for her!

Heather said...

Yay for irritating sounding whistles! J/K Brooklyn's dance was very cute! I hope she was happy, she did a great job! And getting your picture by the Wiener-mobile, is awesome! Now you just have to go onto e-bay and buy a little matchbox version of it to go with their picture. It seems like you guys had a lot of fun. Have a fun Labor day weekend!

JJ and Kimberly Taylor said...

Hey Lindsay I don't have your email...but here is the recipe (if you could send me your email...jktaylor29@gmail.com)

Blackened Chicken (in a salad or the recipe suggests in pitas or all by itself)

*for 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts --the receipe says for 4 people in the pita sandwiches--we did 3 chicken breasts (1 1/2 times the receipe in seasonings) and it feed 4 adults.

1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (I used garlic salt)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (I used the powder)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (I used the powder)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
(I didn't have any so I added a little more of black pepper)
1/4 teaspoon red pepper
(I didn't have so I put in cruched red peppers)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

--mix--

grill chicken--we did it on a little indoor grill pan---DON'T FORGET THE PAM!!!

In the salad we did green onions, green peppers, carrots, cheese, grapes, tomatoes

It turned out so great!!!!!

*FYI---make sure the chicken in pretty lean. 1 of the chicken breast was more fatty, and the fat made it hard for the seasoning to stay on.


Enjoy!!!!

Kimberly