Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summer Leftovers

A couple of random things that I never got around to jotting down....

This little toots is just like her mama, always got her nose stuck in a book! Here she is in all her morning glory! She doesn't look very happy, but she's just focused. :)As a mom who loves reading to her kids, seeing her so into reading on her own makes my heart sing! She's finished quite the amount of books all on her own accord! I'm more than happy to keep her little bookshelf filled to the brim with new books to tackle.

~~~~

Blake's fine motor skills have seemed to be lacking, either that or he plain just doesn't care about writing or coloring at all. I tend to go with the second theory. BUT!!!! When we visited the LeBaron cabin back in June, the boys were glued to this Pokemon look & find book. There are Pokemon characters listed in the front and back of the book. And Blake started drawing these characters, copying them right from the pages. I decided that this book was a must have in our house since I'd never seen Blake willingly sit down and draw ANYthing on his own!!!
This book STILL gets carried around by one of the boys and I've even had to put it in time out for a few days because I've found them sitting on the bathroom floor together, looking at this book after we've turned out the lights for bedtime!!!! It's caused a *slight* Pokemon obsession in this house, which includes Brooklyn as well! She can't be left out!

~~~~~

One evening after we'd been playing outside, the boys' feet were filthy, but either we didn't have time for a full-on shower or I was just being too lazy (I don't remember). Anyhow, I set them both up on their bathroom counter and had them soak their feet in the sink. :) They loved it!
This totally brings back memories from when I was a child and I'd do the same thing with my Dad in our bathroom sink! ♥ I wonder if my mom has any pictures of that....

~~~~~

Like I said before, this girl doesn't like to be left out of A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G!!!!! Not that Legos are gender exclusive, but they sure seem to be geared more toward boys. Well, Brooklyn had had enough of her brothers not sharing their Legos with her. So I bought her her very OWN box of PINK Legos!!!
Now she can create pretty houses and horse-drawn carriages and all sorts of girly things!

3 comments:

Herb Hamilton :0) said...

I don't know about bathroom sink foot soaking but we most certianly do have pictures of a naked little Lindsay in the kitchen tak'n a sink bath tho!

Love, Your Daddy :0)

Stacy said...

I love the Pink Legos! I want some of my own!

Heather said...

I just saw this Lego pack at Sam's club last week and thought of you guys! I think my Emmy would love it. And I love how it comes in a bright PINK box! I think someone might get it for Christmas... shhh, don't tell. lol