Thursday, August 12, 2010

Last Hurrah

On the list of things the kids wanted to do this summer was visit the Children's Museum of Phoenix. We've been there once before and we all adored it. SO much to do and keep the kids busy with their imagination and motor skills. It's a little less than an hour drive each way so I haven't been too anxious to go. But I wanted to take the kids for one last fun activity before their summer break is over so off we went yesterday! We played for three hours and could've easily stayed longer, but I had a worn out toddler. ;)

I told myself ALL morning that I wasn't going to bring my camera, I just wanted to have fun with the kids. Who am I kidding?????! I didn't take my SLR, just my purse camera and I'm glad I did because this was Preston's first experience where he was old enough to play.

First of all, the morning clouds were a-MA-zing!!! I love clouds, especially when they are big & fluffy or in weird patterns.This contraption is so fun and I'm sure the boys would've been happy playing with this for hours!! You put the scarves in one hole and the air sucks in through the tubes and blows it out another hole. So many giggles from the kids!
This awesome treehouse structure is new since we were here last. It has so many different tunnels and passageways to climb through. Waaaaayyyy better than any McDonalds playplace!!! How fun would it be to construct something like this?
Preston chillin' as he hitches a ride from big sis through the car wash... Gavin and Brooklyn painting the one millionth layer (I'm sure) on this castleMore art...And playdoh!!!Preston didn't quite know what to do with this stuff but at least he didn't try to eat it!Prest and me in the noodle forest. A fave for all the kids!!Tapping out a tune on the xylophone made out of wrenches!A sink just his size!!! Washing our hands after a diaper change.
I love places with kid-friendly bathroom facilities!! :)The market.
I'm pretty sure Gav stood at his checkout post for a good 30 minutes!!Miniature {reckless} shopper
I'm so glad that we finally have a children's museum that compares to other places. This is definitely a favorite outing for my kids and I think we'll be splurging on an annual pass, despite the driving distance. Can't wait to go back!

No comments: