Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Time for a GetAWAY!

Where else would we have headed to but Disneyland!!! I love that place and would go several times a year; Matt thinks I'm insane. We had planned a long weekend trip (no kids!) with our best friends, the Barneys. They have annual passes so when she asked if we wanted to meet up, that's all it took! We drove out Saturday, met Weston and Jennie at Lucille's BBQ for lunch. Good stuff! After we checked into the hotel, we headed out for a little window shopping at The Block.

Just a little sidenote here... just for grins and giggles, I grabbed a pair of jeans at American Eagle to try on. I used to shop there, in COLLEGE, before I birthed 4 kiddos and my body went all whack on me. Anyhow, I was highly doubtful that the jeans would actually fit my thunder thighs so image my surprise when they DID fit!!! Any they were comfy! I was ecstatic!!! I couldn't bring myself to pay $40 for jeans right then, so I did a little personal victory dance and put them back on the shelf. ;) Seriously made my night, though!

We make a quick stop at the grocery store to pick up a few odds and ends, including a little Ben & Jerry's for dessert. We all went back to our hotel room for some chatting before calling it a night.Both Sunday and Monday mornings, we slept in (by mommy standards), took our time getting ready before heading to breakfast then off to Disneyland and California Adventure for the day. I love love LOVED just being able to do what we wanted without having to worry about whiny children, six thousand potty breaks or navigating a stroller through the crowds. Matt and I held hands a LOT. Made me feel giddy! ♥ We rode all the big rides -- TOGETHER.Gluttons for punishment, riding the Grizzly River Run over and over and OVER again! I'm just glad we brought our ponchos. ;)One thing we pretty much all decided is that we can't handle so many fast/spinny/simulated rides as well now that we're getting so OLD! haha!

We got to see the new World of Color show at California Adventures on Sunday night. It was pretty cool! I kept thinking the whole time how much the kids would love this.Matt really, really didn't like me making him pose for a *few* self-taken couple shots.....

California Screamin' -
the very FIRST ride we did upon arrival and the very LAST ride we did before heading home.
Matterhorn -
squishing together in one "seat" really doesn't work when you're both close to 6' tall!
Matt was worried about jamming my knees, I was worried about squishing his manhood!!
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters - will always be a favorite! Matt is crazy good at this one!Toy Story Mania - another new fave!
Raft ride over to Tom Sawyers island - have never done this one before now
What else do you do when you're picture-taking crazy and you don't have kids to take photos of???! LOL!

And, we saw a celebrity!!!! First time EVER in all those times we've been to Disneyland!!! Nicholas Cage, just sauntering his way thru the crowds with his kids. Wow!! So cool seeing someone famous!We had such a great time, hanging out with Jennie & Weston all weekend. We're already brainstorming a bigger and better trip in the near future! We love you guys!

And special thanks to my sister-in-laws Jen and Kristin for dividing and conquering the kiddos while we were gone!!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I need that trip. I really do. And my husband has never been to Disneyland. Can you believe it? I'm glad you had fun!! :)

Kasey said...

How fun! I'm thinking Rocky and I need an adult Disneyland get-a-way.

Weston & Jennie said...

It was GREAT! I am so glad that you convinced Matt to let you two come. We had so much fun too!

mad white woman said...

Fun! I'm glad you got to get away. It seems like everyone is going to Disneyland these days... I haven't been in 7 years. Nicholas Cage is one of the few celebrities I would actually recognize.