Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dance Recital 2011

I can't believe Brooklyn has been dancing for two years already!!! She's definitely loving it and it's been fun seeing her grow and improve her skills.

Today was her end-of-the year dance recital. She performed in both the afternoon matinee (beg jazz) and the evening show (beg/int ballet). The theme this year was Disney 3D. We brought the Blake and Gavin with us to the first show. Grandma and Grandpa Palmer and Grandma Hamilton were all able to be there to support her. We didn't manage to get a picture with G&G Palmer before they had to sneak out, though.

I've gotten crazy emotional over the years and even more so now because I'm pregnant. I prepared well by wearing waterproof mascara on my bottom lashes. I felt like a blubbering idiot, trying to hide my tears as I watcher dance. Her jazz class danced to "I Want to be Your Cinderella" by the Cheetah Girls. I was so darling seeing her there up on the stage, doing her thing! She really memorizes the routines well and she looked really strong!For the evening performance, just Matt and I were there. Her ballet class danced to "Tomorrow" from Annie (which isn't Disney, I don't get it....)
Why, as I look at these pictures, am I seeing her as a 14 year old??! She's such a beauty!

Here are the professional pictures that were taken at the studio:

Beginning Jazz~
(still haven't gotten these, will post when I do)

Beginning/Intermediate Ballet~

1 comment:

brittney larson said...

she IS so pretty!! those big eyes and long lashes and skinny mini legs...you're in for it :)