Thursday, June 16, 2011

Les Miserables & a cabin trip

A couple months ago, a friend mentioned on Facebook that they got tickets to Les Mis that was coming to the valley. That night, I told Matt I wanted to go, he agreed and I ordered tickets. The day finally came a week ago. He's such a good sport and I love that he loves seeing shows with me!I'd never seen Les Miserables on stage but have seen the movie, although it's been a looooong time. I don't know if it's because of all the hype surrounding Les Mis or what, but I thought it was just ok. I know it's a classic, but I still rank it below Phantom and Wicked. Just my opinion! ;)

The next morning, the kids and I headed up to the cabin in Strawberry with Matt's mom. Jen & Dan weren't far behind, then Matt and his dad came up that evening. It seems like Matt doesn't get to come up to the cabin with us as often so I love when he's there. :) The guys all left early Sunday morning and we stayed til Monday midday.

Blake and Josh doing a job for Grandma & Grandpa, getting all the pine needles off the roofEmily, Brooklyn and a Cummard cousin went to town with the play makeup - yikes!!!
Boys playing PokemonPreston, Gavin and Adam on the porch swingBrooklyn and Emily sporting dryer sheets to keep the bugs away!!
This time I kinda let Preston just roam with the big kids and checked on his whereabouts every once in awhile. He loved the freedom and doing everything his older sibs did.I love relaxing and playing games several times a day~ Liverpool, Hand & Foot, Ticket to Ride, Sequence, etc.... I wish we didn't have to leave so early, but I'm glad we got the chance to go.

No comments: