Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Birthday, Matt! // Happy Father's Day!

This year, Matt's birthday fell ON Father's Day.

I decided to give him his birthday present the day before because I wanted him to be able to use it the following week on his way to and from Scout camp.

I/we got him a new stereo for his car!! He's mentioned several times over the past few years that he would like to have a better stereo than the one that came with his 13 year old car that has NO CD player, the volume control is whack, etc. This new one has a USB port so he can plug in his iPod and has Bluetooth so he can talk on his phone hands free through the car stereo! He took it right away to get installed.

Please ignore the pre-camp prep beard Matt's got going on....

That afternoon, we spent with MY family and celebrated an early Father's Day since my dad was in town from California. I'm a little sad that I didn't bring my camera to take at least ONE picture of me & my dad. :(

BUT!!! I do have this super unflattering one of me from a couple months back that'll have to do..... And just for grins and giggles, I'll stick in one from my wedding day!! Look how young we both were 9 years ago!!Father's Day morning was nice and relaxing because Matt didn't have any meetings before church. I made breakfast burritos, which were super yummy! The kids gave Matt his gifts, which included 2 new dress shirts, a tie and a cute framed print. They each wrote a special note to their Daddy on the back of a paper tie that they colored.

(printable credit here)

Annual Father's Day pics with each of the kiddos
Matthew with his Dad

Dinner that night was our usual 3rd Sunday with Matt's family. I made one of his favorite desserts, mini no-bake cheesecakes with pie filling on top (blueberry for him). I felt like I didn't do much to celebrate his birthday, but we're planning on going out on a birthday date soon.

To Matt, the father of my children~ Thank you for working so hard to be a provider for our family. Our kids know how much you love them. You are a great husband and father and I love you so much!!!

To my dad and father-in-law~ Thank you for being such good examples and priesthood holders in our families. I cherish each of you and we appreciate the never-ending love and support we receive from you.

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

We had breakfast burritos on Father's Day too. Who cares? Probably no one, just thought I'd mention it. :)

I missed you guys on Saturday - maybe next time!