Monday, January 16, 2012

Adios, Magnificent!

Well, the day finally came a couple weeks ago --- the rooster crowed. It sounded like a prepubescent boy, all weak and squeaky and crackly. I wasn't going to handle that too well every morning right outside my bedroom window!!! He cock-a-doodle-dooed a few times then stopped. Today, he started up again so we called a guy in the neighboring ward that has land and raises animals and he said he'd take our rooster off our hands, so we made plans to take him over tonight.Like I've mentioned before, Brooklyn is the one who gets the most attached to these chickens. I told her the plan and she asked if she could get the rooster out to hold him and let him run in the yard. I took a few pictures of her as she loved on Magnificent one final time.We all piled in the car and Brooklyn held the rooster on her lap. She was the one to hand it over to it's new owners and he told her she could come visit her chicken when she wanted. I think that made her smile! :)

Now we have 7 chickens remaining. They should be starting to lay eggs here in the next month or so! That'll be an exciting day!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I hope you know you are hilarious and so many of your posts make me laugh.

My goodness that little Hayden is such a sweet baby!