Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ready, set, RACE!!

Tonight was the pinewood derby for the scouts. Blake and Matt have been working on Blake's car for weeks now. I love watching the process of them brainstorming what kind of car to do, drawing the design, cutting, sanding and painting. I had good intentions of taking pictures of the whole process, but I always seemed to be stuck in the chair, nursing the baby, while they were out in the garage working away.

I loved watching Blake's excitement as he sat with his buddies to watch the races. I mean, don't they all look SO excited here??! lol
{cade dewitt, cameron ricks, todd turner, blake, garrett story}

His car in lane 3 here-

Blake ended up winning the award for the "shiniest car" and 3rd place overall out of 21 cars!! His car also had the second fastest time.
All three members of the bishopric have boys born the same year!!
Gavin McLeod, Ammon Fairbanks, Blake

I swear, this event isn't only for the boys, if you know what I mean. ;)

No comments: