Saturday, October 6, 2007

Bakin' and a Cookin'!

Banana Nougats
These are my ALL time favorite cookie!!! I think it's safe to say that since marrying me, it is now Matt's favorite cookie as well! This recipe makes a hefty FIVE dozen cookies! So can someone tell me why there are only four dozen left?!? ;) Cookies don't last long around this house, that's for sure!

New Veggie

Last night, I cooked asparagus for the very first time! I did some research on the ways to prepare asparagus and decided the quickest and easiest way to do it is on the stove top. I sauteed the asparagus in a bit of olive oil with garlic, salt and pepper. I didn't have any fresh parmesan cheese, so I topped it with mozzarella instead. It tasted just ok for my first time, but I'll try a different cooking method next time. Asparagus did make the perfect compliment to our yummy steak dinner!

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Yummy!!!! I will have to get the recipe for those cookies, if it isn't a family secret:) And what time is dinner tonight, that looks yummy too! I am always nervous to try something new, but I think I'll give it a try!

Carrie Anne said...

Okay, I remember those cookies, and I really love them, too! I wish we lived next door so that you could share with me.:) That was so much fun whenever we'd make treats and run them back and forth. MMMMMMM! I wish I had some advice on the asparagus, but I'm not sure if it ever tastes better than ok no matter how it's prepared. We eat it, of course, but I never walk away saying, "MMM! That was the best thing I've ever eaten." Maybe James would.:)

Jamie said...

You are always showing these yummy looking meals and treats---I just wish you would put the recipe underneath them all!!! I want the cookie recipe and the chimi recipe, whenever you get the chance. You are amazing and I wish we could have come for dinner!!!!

mad white woman said...

i LOVE asparagus. if you have a grill, you should try grilling it - just lay bunch in some heavy duty tin foil, drizzle olive oil over it and put whatever seasonsings you want on it, roll them around, then roll up the sides. grill on each side for a bit (i never time anything...). that's my favorite way to prepare it, in case you care. :)

summer c said...

i totally love asparagus! I rarely buy it though. And i'm with Jamie...cough up the recipes!