Monday, October 1, 2007

Look what I found...

...when I went to check on the kids before Matt and I headed off to bed last night:
a nakey bum,and a "BEETLE" in my bed!
Obviously, Gavin figured out how to take off his diaper and is showing an early preference for sleeping in the nude! And unfortunately, he had already peed when I discovered his diaperless bottom! He'll be wearing a onesie under his jammies from now on!! I'm just grateful he didn't have any other "surprises" in his diaper, if you know what I mean!!!!!!!

And Brooklyn (who's barrage of nicknames include beads, beetles, and beetle bum) seems to prefer sleeping in mom and dad's bed instead of her own!!! Frequently when Matt and I finally go to bed in the evening, we find a snuggled up Brooklyn in our bed. I think she sneaks in there after everything quiets down in the kids' room. I can't blame her! Our bed IS rather comfy! ;)

And I can't leave out Blake! Although I don't have a picture of him to share for this entry, while I was changing Gavin last night, Blake was yelling in his sleep and thrashing wildly around his bed! LOL! Maybe my kids have problems?!?

7 comments:

Trenda said...

Ohhh, I remember when Cade went through the stage of taking off his diaper after we put him to bed. He did onsies, and saftety pins (his pants to his shirt). Probably not the safest thing, so then we tried tape . . . we'd just use thick take and wrap it around his waste. He didn't like it very much (said it was itchy). After a while we warned him that if he took off his diaper whe would tape it and he stopped! He hasn't taken off his diaper for months . . . good luck!

Jamie said...

That's not a good thing when they figure out how to take the diaper off! When do you think you will start potty training him? I told Josh the other day, we only have 4 months until we have to start! I am not looking forward to it. I am looking forward to not having 2 kids in diapers at once. If you know what I mean!!! We play what we call musical beds at our house. Each of us usually gets to try atleast one other bed out through the night. Oh the joys of kids! Everyone has been asking how I came up with the cute blog. They thought I created it myself!!! Thanks for the helpful idea!!!

Trenda said...

OK-after reading my comment again, I need to fix a few things. . . I put onsies on him, which worked, but when he wasn't wearing one I would use tape and I would wrap it around his diaper so he couldn't unto the velcrow things. Hope that clarifies things!

Carrie Anne said...

That is so funny! Rebecca sneaks into our bed all the time too! She keeps telling me it's because she always cried when she was in her bed as a baby so she needs to be in our bed still. Whatever child! Baby James is always happy to sleep alone but sometimes he'll come in the morning and say, "I just sneeked into your bed to get the neckmeat." He grabs at my neckmeat ALL the time!:)

Emily Widdison said...

Hey thanks so much! My brother is going to try to get me one, but if he can't, I will be asking you!! Thanks!!

Maren said...

oh my gosh! that is so funny. thank goodness there was only pee and not poop!!

Becky Mutter said...

I'm laughing at that naked bum. I wish I'd taken a picture when my kids did that. It's good for future torturings when they bring home girlfriends and such! I don't remember how I stopped my older ones from doing this. But, whatever works, you usually just have to do it a few times and they believe you'll do it again, so you only have to threaten it after the first 3 times. Sounds like Trenda did just that with TAPE - she's so smart! I'll have to remember that for Brooke.