Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bounteous Harvest

Our garden overfloweth!!!! Seriously, we're picking stuff from it EVERY DAY!!! Zucchinis are the most plentiful. I'm slowly starting to like zucchini a little bit more every time I make it. Any good ideas for preparing it? I usually just saute in on the stovetop in a little bit of olive oil with diced onions, salt and pepper. If it gets too mushy, blech! Can't eat it! I need to puree and grate some up to freeze.

My melons. (canteloupes) Get your mind outta the gutter. ;)Just in case you were wondering, this is Blake's "I-have-to-go-potty-NOW!" face. :)
We love having our own little garden out back. It makes me SMILE every time I look outside! :)

8 comments:

Beka said...

mmmmm!!! i love zucchini- have you ever bbq'd it? thats my favorite- just cut it into long strips, put oil & seasoning on it and bbq it--so delicious- or there is yummy zucchini bread-or you can just bring us some:) i'm jealous!!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

My Nana makes zucchini cookies & they're delish! Perhaps I can get my hands on the recipe.

Kasey said...

If you need me to take some Zuki off your hands I will! Zuki bread is delish. You can totally bring me some anytime! I have a few recipes that use Zuki. I'll send you a few. Fried zuki is delish too! Oh Zuki how I love you! I so need a garden!

Jen Hilton said...

wow, I'm so impressed!

Trenda said...

OK, ways to eat zucchini . . .

1)saute in a little olive oil and a little garlic pepper. Then put some fresh grated parmesan cheese on top.

2) Slice it and then dip each indivitual slice in a bowl of raw egg, and then dip in flour to coat it. Then fry in a pan and turn over when cooked on first side. Dont forget to add salt and pepper while cooking.

3) If you have a juicer you can juice it with some apples and carrots. It's kind of bland, but not too bad with the apples, and it's really good for you! :)

4) And lastly, just raw in salads, or with a little cream cheese and seasoning salt. I also know a lot of people like them with vinegar and salt, but I am not a huge fan... good luck! :)

Kasey said...

You have been tagged! Do it!

Emily said...

I put grated zucchini in my lasagna and I also put it on my shish kabobs on the BBQ.... soooo yummy. Zucchini is my favorite!

mad white woman said...

I don't even want to talk about my garden so instead, I'll admire yours. :) Zuchinni is great grilled. I also love it roasted in the oven with bell peppers and onions, but that might make it too mushy for you.

Oh, and just a few days ago I share the EXACT same thing at Panda with Clara. Ha ha!