Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Little R & R

I was totally needing this getaway. I just wanted to do, well, NOTHING for a couple days!!! So when Jen brought up the idea of running up to the LeBaron cabin for a few days, I was all over that!!! Just the mommies (Jen & I) and their kiddos, a few grandmas, a grandpa and a couple great-aunts were there.

Preston learning the ropes of playing cards -- LeBaron style -- at an early age...We did LOTS of "projects" to keep busy...Collecting bugs is always a must at the cabin!!
Just looking at this picture gives me the heebie-jeebies!!! *shudder*This cute "bug" on a bear rug :)Josh found this most monstrous dandelion!And Blake found a Y stick.Jen wielding the weed-eater, attempting to hack down some of the overgrowth.
This left us sneezing for the rest of the week!GREAT Aunt Diana taught the girls all sorts of fun things!She even did their {kiddie} makeup. :)
Aren't you just loving the awesome blue eye shadow?? I know you are...The home stretch!!
Did you know attempting to take a pic while driving is quite dangerous??
Everyone slept on the drive home. Except me of course!
Although I might have closed my eyes for a few seconds.... ;)
We made it there and back alive {barely} thanks to Sonic lemon berry slushes. :)
I'm so glad that my kids have a place like this to make great memories with cousins. We can't wait to go back for the family reunion over the 4th! This time with Daddy! ;)

(I'm still in cabin-mode, BTW.)