Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Prima Ballerina and the Karate Kids

I signed Brooklyn up for a three week dance camp at a nearby dance studio. They briefly cover ballet, jazz, hip hop and tumbling. I figured this will give us a good idea of what Brooklyn will be interested in continuing when the camp is over. I'm thinking ballet, since that's all she talks about! The night we went and toured the dance studio, there were three older girls having their tap class and Brooklyn said, "I do not want to do tapping. It's too loud!!" This is my first experience with dance so we are learning together. Doesn't every mother want a dancing daughter??? I know I always have, maybe that's just because I didn't have the opportunity to take dance classes as a child. Brooklyn needs more girly influence in her life so this is just the thing! :)
Sneaking a peek into class
Blake has been begging and begging and BEGGING to do karate!! I can't remember where the idea came from, maybe me? Anyway, Gavin is always wanting to do what Brooklyn and Blake are doing (ie: tball, school) but he's been too young. So we found a place that offers a 3-4 year old class so we signed both boys up! I seriously had to suppress my giggles watching the Blake and Gav do their karate moves! Soooooo stinkin' adorable!! Both boys are seeming to catch on pretty quickly after only one week of class. I'm hoping that this is something we can stick with for a long time!

~BLAKE~

~GAVIN~
So now I'm driving hither and thither- dance, karate, dance, karate, karate. I'm LOVING it!!! :)

5 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

First off, let me know how dance goes. I've been wanting to get Abby into it, but we're not quite there with our budget.

How cute the boys must be in Karate! I love it!

Thanks for the potty-training advice. When I feel like pulling my hair out, no joke, I think of you and think, "Lindsay did TWINS & she survived! I can surely do one, right?" That's pretty much where we are with the training. She wears regular underwear all day long & then pull-ups @ night. My issue is keeping my mouth shut. When I do that she has like 5 accidents a day and then the next day another 5 accidents and then come day 3 when she would probably be catching on, I'm frustrated & pestering her about going. Sigh...I need to breathe & let it go. Ok, this is a mega-comment. Sorry.

Carrie Anne said...

oh how darling!!! they are so cute & so grown up!!!! finally caught up on your other posts, too! fun times all over for you!

mad white woman said...

Pretty ballerina and cute little karate men. How fun.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Ok, I'm back. Parks & Rec are just as expensive, I feel like. Just got a flyer for swimming lessons from a church member. Thought of you & how pro-swimming lessons you always were. The library has a TON of free stuff, so that's where we've been lately.

Got over the pressure from other people on the potty-training. Now its just the pressure of pre-school starting. I promise to work on keeping my mouth shut & letting the accidents fall where they will. I'll keep you posted.

Brandy said...

How fun for your kiddos! We have the girls in gymnastics and swimming this summer!