Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!

"Fatherhood is not a matter of station or wealth; it is a matter of desire, diligence, and determination to see one's family exalted in the celestial kingdom. If that prize is lost, nothing else really matters. "
~Ezra Taft Benson


This quote was in the Sacrament Meeting program from Father's Day and I liked it!


Matt had been asking for a couple new dress shirts for work and a new white shirt for church. We listened!! :) The kids each picked out a shirt and tie (under Mommy's direction, of course) for Daddy.
On the front of each gift was a paper saying why each kiddo loved their Daddy (Preston was exempt). Here are their responses --

Gavin
I love my Daddy because....
1. He watches movies with me
2. He lives with me
3. He snuggles me
4. He plays outside with me
5. He is an eye doctor

Blake:
I love my Daddy because....
1. He puts my blanket on!
2. He loves me!
3. He is cool!
4. He is nice!
5. He helps me shoot!

Brooklyn:
I love my Daddy because....
1. He is nice to me!
2. He takes me to the theater.
3. He works hard.
4. He hugs me tight.
5. He loves me.

The whole crew with Daddy! ♥
There is nothing more I love than watching Matt interact with the kids. They just eat him up!! He is so motivated and diligent and I love that about him. He WANTS me to be at home with our children and would do anything to make that happen. He's worked so hard for our family for the last few years and I couldn't have asked for better!! Love you, babe!!

I have grown to love my dad much more in these last several years. Of course I've always LOVED him, but there was a period in my teen years that I didn't like my dad very much. Because, you know, he was trying to be a good dad and I was trying to be a rebellious teenager. ;) Something like that. He is the ONLY one that can tickle me (he pokes me right in the crook between my neck and shoulder until I can't breathe!) and he's so much fun to watch with his grandkiddos. I love you lots, Dad!!!

Me & my Daddy -- yes, we look alike :)
My Father-in-law is a great man. He is always very concerned about the well-being of each of his children, their spouses and their children. He is always very complimentary of me, which I appreciate very much. He notices the little things. Thanks for raising such a hard-working son!

Matt & his DadP.S. Just in case anyone is wondering, Matt was not sad this Father's Day, although he may look it in these pictures. He is currently suffering from Bell's Palsy.

3 comments:

Jen Hilton said...

What the CRUD! I can't believe I'm finding this out on a blog! I thought he had a tooth ache or something. I was going to ask & then got distracted with kiddos. Sorry Matt! please make sure he gets this Linds. Thanks. Good luck Matt.

mad white woman said...

I was wondering about Matt's half-smile... I thought maybe he just thought he was too cool for real smiling now that he's Mr. Dr. Hope that goes away quickly. And yup, you look so much like your dad.

Marissa said...

Ha...Matt's half smile. Its like you photo shoped him in all the pictures! But, I think he did that in school too..