Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Oh what do you do in the Summertime...

....when it's hotter than HECK outside???????

We've been suffering with temps hovering between 110* and 115* -- UGH! I know it's coming every year, but it's hard not to complain when you're cooped up inside all day except when you HAVE to leave the house! Just like those who can't go outside all winter; I guess it's our turn!

So these are a couple things we've been up to:

the LIBRARY!!

We visited the new library just a hop skip and a jump down the road for the first time last month. Since then, we've been going weekly, checking out close to the max amount of books (50) on the library card every time. The kids already have fininshed the summer reading program and we love reading new books together! There have been a couple that are definitely going on my "to buy" list for sure!!

The kids section of the library is decorated SO cutely!! My kids made themselves right at home on the "beach." ;)
Jumping into the pile of library books, head first. It warms my heart seeing my kids read books! :)

the POOL!!

There is this awesome aquatic complex somewhat nearby that we ventured to yesterday with a few other friends from the ward. It was BLAZING hot (this 1st pic shows the temp around 11:30am), but the kids had a great time splashing about!

Isn't this slammin'????!!!! Don't let the picture fool you. It was crazy busy, with kids crawling everywhere (a lifeguard's nightmare!) but I took this just as they were letting people back in the water following a lifeguard drill. Ahhhhh, memories from the good ole days!This dude stayed nearby me, except for one time where we got separated. I panicked, he was found and brought to me, crying, by a teen girl. A bit of a freak out moment because I was fiercely trying to keep my two eyes on all three kiddos (Prest was safe in my arms).
STAY COOL!!!

2 comments:

mad white woman said...

I've been swimming once this year... I definitely need to work on that.

How do you carry 50 books around? I get anywhere from 10-20 for Clara and can barely manage that.

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

That pool is seriously AWESOME! Love all the posts! Congrats to your sis on being sealed & your other sister soon-to-be!